We are part of the Circular Plastics Alliance to boost the recycled plastics market in the EU to reach 10 million tons by 2025
The Circular Plastics Alliance is an initiative developed by the European Commission arising within the framework of the 2018 European Strategy for Plastics.
This project consists of a call for companies and organizations covering the entire plastics value chain to voluntarily commit to impulsing the EU market for recycled plastics to reach 10 million tons by 2025.
Sustainable Development Goals
Sustainable Development Goals
As a leading manufacturer of packaging and agricultural solutions, Armando Alvarez Group was one of the first business groups in the sector and one of the 277 signatories to join this initiative.
Indeed, the desire to fully integrate the principles of sustainability and environmental protection into our business strategy has helped us to share this vision, highlighting the fact that joining this initiative is one of the most effective tools for achieving these objectives.
This Alliance is a great opportunity to achieve the ambitious goal of exceeding 10 million tons per year of recycled plastic within the Union.
In this regard, we must remember that it is thanks to these commitments and collaborative actions that we can move steadily towards a society where all the benefits of plastics coexist with the need to protect our environment.
Health, safety, and hygiene must be permanent values in the packaging sector and that is why we are proud of our commitment as signatories of this project.
By increasing the collection of used plastics for recycling and their subsequent incorporation into new products, we contribute to the preservation of natural resources, saving energy, and promoting the new circular economy model that stimulates employment, innovation, and competitiveness.
What are we committed to?
- To remain at the forefront in the Eco-design of our products, following the necessary guidelines to facilitate their recyclability.
- Work towards a shift to zero plastic waste in nature and zero plastic waste in landfills.
- Identify opportunities to increase separate/specific collection, selection and recycling infrastructures.
- Manage used plastics by setting up appropriate collection channels.
- Actively support the development and revision of European standards and guidelines on the quality of recycled plastics, and where necessary, promote its use in value chains.
- Communicate and promote the positive value of recycled plastics in a circular economy.
- Monitor the volume of recycled plastic used in our products. This monitoring must be transparent, reliable and must guarantee perfect traceability of data.
“The vision of the Circular Plastics Alliance is to meet the requirements of the circular economy for plastics and substantially increase the use of recycled plastics in new products”
Statement from the Circular Plastics Alliance of the European Commission.
We promote plastics circularity